Things that make me happy
Since I’m normally such a downer…
1. There is no chance that Harold Ford will be my next senator.
2. Spiritualized, the most underrated band of the last 20 years, just got a 10.0 from Pitchfork for a reissued version of Ladies and Gentlemen We’re Floating in Space. The reissue looks totally extravagant and unnecessary and I totally am going to buy it.
3. 35 Senators say they’ll vote for the Public Option via reconciliation.
4. The fact that I finally found this old Onion op-ed in their archive, which is the funniest thing they’ve ever published.
5. I just finished a draft of a chapter, which I’m not going to link to but you can take it on faith that its the most brilliant thing ever. Ever.